Monday, February 7, 2011

Final Assignment!

I have been through ups and downs while reading this novel. As you have read in my THIS BOOK KINDA SUCKS POST, i was not to interested in the book at that point in time, but you know what it ended better then i thought it was going to be, which is why i am writing this recommendation to my fellow peers telling you "You Know What, It's not so Bad!" pick it up and read it its a book that can take you on a journey if you sit down and take time to comprehend the words on the page. So maybe i was harsh on this author, and with reading the end i had no right to be. As i look back on this novel its pretty darn good. Not great but not bad by any means. Charly is character, and by that i mean a CHARACTER. And he changes throughout this novel.
One of the many things i was amazed with was with the authors writing. At the beginning of this book Charly's writing style was misspelled and not edited, therefore it grabbed my hands and drew me in because of how REAL it was. i loved that part of the story. It made you feel like this was a actual journal full of PROGRESS REPORTS, written by an adult suffering retardation. I don't know if it was just me but I'm sure other people like this part of the book, But it takes a long time to read! i mean try and read PROGRESS REPORT 1 MARCH 3, when it is spelled Progris Riport Martch 3. I mean I don't know? The fallowing is a short passage from the beginning of the book to show you all how Daniel Keyes A.K.A the author uses misspelled words to make these journal entrees more REAL.
I had a test today. I think i faled it and i think mabye now they won't use me. What happind is i went to prof Nemurs office on my lunch time like they said and secertery took me to a place that said psych dept on the door with a long hall and alot of littel rooms with onley a desk and chares......
You see how hard that is too read... yeah but it sure does make it interesting. OK well i was so intrigued in the beginning. it was to me the best book i had read........but then Charly got smart, and i got bored and i found myself shaking my head to paragraph after paragraph of scientific language. And i was sitting at my desk at 11:30 at night trying to get past page 127 for it seemed like days, because i didn't now if i could.
After about page 140, the book was intriguing again ad i found myself unable to put the novel down which was very surprising. Charly got smart but then Charly started to live as a normal human fighting for a normal life, and not a monkey on a treadmill, Running and running and not getting anywhere, which is great modifier for Charly's life in this story.
You know something, this book is a MUST READ, but even if you find yourself confused as i did and unable to wrap you head around the main concepts of the book KEEP READING and all of the secrets you need will come out and Charly's life will be revealed.
This book was a roller coaster, taking me up and down, loop-De-loop, Cork screws and i didn't know if i could finish, but know that i have there is now choice for you not to read this novel. its good, its not the most exiting book, believe me its slow, but you haven't lived until you have read this book. Daniel Keyes did a nice job in this book, and you need to read this book in your lifetime, maybe later in your life is a better time to read it. But why not read it now? you got nothing to lose! OR DO YOU?

No comments:

Post a Comment